Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What do you Mean it's Almost APRIL???

Holy-moly the time has flown by...Obviously, I've been busy. Spring is FINALLY in the air and the animals are all going baby crazy. The parrots are nesting, the marmosets are having babies everywhere and the bongo are thriving. In the midst of all this I have a real case of Spring Fever and have been creating lockets and necklaces in bright colors (with just the right amount of weird, of course...). Playing with mica powders mixed with chemical patinas and acrylic. Loving the results!!! A picture included here of a necklace I made using patina, copper cups, mica powders and a glass coyote eye I found on a taxidermy website...

New lockets are also my obsession, thanks to influence from one of my all-time favorite Etsy artists, Tessa Rickard. Her lockets got me inspired to try to make my own...the latest is below. I'm calling these "Poetry Pieces" because the each come with an original poem I've written based on the locket design. I've discovered the fantastic world of Image Transfer Solution for metals and have been working with vintage photos from ArtChix transferred onto sterling silver, copper and brass. If you haven't tried this DO!!! The possibilities are ENDLESS. I love using these images in my lockets--they inspire the stories and poems I write...



More to come...I promise!!


No comments: