Monday, March 30, 2009

Image Transfer Solution Tutorial

In an earlier post I mentioned my experiments with Image Transfer Solution. I really love this stuff--you can now transfer laser printed, toner-based images onto just about anything incuding metal. Since my post I've been asked by ArtChix Studio to create a tutorial of the process and I've included a pdf version here (you'll need Adobe PDF Reader). I created a simple locket pendant using a pre-fab brass locket and images from ArtChix. ArtChix has such great collage sheets, all are laser printed and work well with ITS with a few minor adjustments. Take a peek, then get yourself some ITS, visit ArtChix, and make something amazing!

7 comments:

Anne F said...

Do I need to use the ArtChix Studio images or will any laser printed image work?

Thanks!

RSCF Staff said...

Hi Anne! Any good quality laser print will work. Remember if it has text to have it printed in reverse! Please feel free to send me images of your transfer projects and I'll post them. Have fun!

C. Franz said...

Your link to the tutorial -- I couldn't find it after I got to the page. If you could change it to the actual URL and not the general URL it would help.

Rachel (Australia) said...

Hi Karen I have just found this post and was wondering if your tutorial for image transfer is still available?

Unknown said...

Where can I view the tutorial, I can't seem to find it!

Unknown said...

Where can i view the tutorial, i can't seem to find it?

RSCF Staff said...

Hi Lesley!

Yes, the Internet ate my tutorial. I've reposted it today, so please take a look at my latest blog posting. Image tranfer is a blast--have fun with it and send me pics of what you make!

Cheers,

Karen