Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New Stuff and a Book Shout-Out

So, I've been working on a new line of neclaces featuring pendants created using vintage photographs, optic lenses and brass gears.  I really love old photos, and mixing ecclectic elements with the designs.  I am lucky to have a huge antique/flea market right near me, with monthly shows.  I have been finding some really cool photos, tin types and old ads that are great for pendants.  Most are from the mid to late 1800s.  I especially like old tin types for thier creepy yet beautiful poses.  So, here's a slide show of some of the new stuff, all available at Clay Glass Metal Stone Gallery in Lake Worth.





Next, I want to give a shout-out to jewelry designer and author Kim St. Jean.  Her new book, Mixed Metal Mania, is fantastic and a must for all jewelry mixed metal enthusiasts.  Great photos, projects and tips, including a list of ways to easily color metals like brass and copper with home made patinas.  I've really enjoyed the jewelry projects, and have further educated myself with her soldering, folding, and metal work techniques.  THANKS KIM!!!  Oh, and Kim, hurry up and get a website, okay?  We want to see more of your work!!!



No comments: