Saturday, August 14, 2010

I've Gone to the Dogs...

The cooperative gallery I work with, Clay Glass Metal Stone Gallery in Lake Worth, FL, is hosting an event next Friday (the 20th) called Dog DaZe. We're supporting Elite Greyhound Adoptions and the gallery will be filled with guests, their dogs, and art inspired by our furry friends. I created this necklace especially for the event, and will be donating 100% of the sale to Elite. It features a vintage, sterling silver dog-head whistle that is just gorgeous. It's fully functional, and removable. This piece is called "And We Danced" and comes with an original short story I wrote inspired by the whistle. The necklace also features a gorgeous lampwork glass pendant bead, a vintage optic lens, and a silver framed moth wing behind acrylic. I hope it sells, and that we can raise some funds for Elite, a wonderful organization that finds homes for retired racing greyhounds. If you're in the neighborhood, please stop by! Also, if the necklace does not sell on the 20th I will be listing it in my Etsy shop, so check back!!

No comments: